You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-10 20:43:59

SanskritFritz
Website

"Unable to start server kxkb"

Some global hotkeys are not working on my KDE 4.5.1. Checking the System Settings - Service Manager it turned out that the Keyboard Daemon is not running. Pressing the start button yields to an error message: "Unable to start server kxkb". I dont see anything in the logs, Google doesnt even find the phrase "Unable to start server kxkb." I'm clueless. Help me please.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#2 2010-09-11 09:52:05

xvello
Website

Re: "Unable to start server kxkb"

I cannot start kxkb neither, but the global hotkeys I use (volume button, krunner, kwin shortcuts ...) work fine. What are the "some" ones not working for you ?
You can look at debug messages in your ~/.xsession-errors file. grep for kglobalaccel, you might find a clue.

#3 2010-09-11 20:19:51

SanskritFritz
Website

As a matter of fact, some hotkeys work, the same as with you. But when I assign a hotkey to a Kmenu item, or Klipper's menu hotkey simply doesnt work.
After some experimenting, I found that I had to turn on KMenuEdit in Custom Shortcuts for Kmenu item hotkeys. Bit for the life of me, I cannot get Klipper global hotkey to work.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#4 2010-10-01 09:22:35

SanskritFritz
Website

Just for the record, I finally found the solution: Klipper global hotkey has to be set in the system tray settings.

Board footer