You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-01 22:34:53

guisacouto

Dual screen with awesome - wrong limit between screens

I've been using awesome for 3 days and I really like it.. however I having a "small" problem.

What happens is that if I have floating layout on the left screen, and a tilled one on the right(without any windows), if I open a program on the right one, it maximizes BUT a very tiny bit of the window stays on the left screen, so the window is detected as being on the left screen and not on the right screen!
This is really annoying because this way I allays have to push the window to the right with the mouse.. and it takes the all purpose of using a tilling wm.

However, if I already have a window on the right monitor (with tilled layout), the next one I open will be ok and the wm will till the window.

I dont know if this is a bug on awesome, or a bug on my rc.lua :\

I'll leave my rc.lua anyway.

http://pastebin.com/WvMEzWZc

best regards!

#2 2010-10-02 01:21:41

anrxc
Website

Re: Dual screen with awesome - wrong limit between screens

I remember seeing something like this, long ago. Please open a bug report on http://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/ so it can be investigated.

You need to install an RTFM interface.

#3 2010-10-02 02:11:02

guisacouto

ok I already have reported the bug... let's see if it corrected... anyway if someone does know a solution to this please let me now smile

best regards

#4 2010-10-02 13:50:16

guisacouto

This people rock:)!
They found what was causing the bug:

awful.placement.no_offscreen(c) 

That line that comes with the default config was doing this.. uncomented and now its working.. they will probably need to find out why it makes this, but for now everything
is working on my setup.

best regards

Board footer