You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-05 12:28:27

ReaphSharc
Website

Using 64 bits over 32 bits. Why?

I've recently reinstalled my desktop PC, and switched from 32-bits Arch to 64-bits Arch. I've not had many problems (yet), except for a few minor ones, but I am starting to wonder what the advantage of using a 64 bits installation over a 32 bits is?
Should I stick with 64 bits and enjoy my new desktop installation, or reinstall the 32 bits version again?

Do you want a Bubble Icon? Feel free to submit your requests or personal creations to be included in future releases.
I'm 100% Linux!

#2 2010-10-05 12:49:25

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Using 64 bits over 32 bits. Why?

ReaphSharc wrote:

I've recently reinstalled my desktop PC, and switched from 32-bits Arch to 64-bits Arch. I've not had many problems (yet), except for a few minor ones, but I am starting to wonder what the advantage of using a 64 bits installation over a 32 bits is?
Should I stick with 64 bits and enjoy my new desktop installation, or reinstall the 32 bits version again?

First, you should search the forums for the multitude of other threads on this topic. Then maybe you'd like to google for a wider perspective. Once you've done that, if you have any specific question you're welcome to open another thread.

Closing.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer