You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-16 08:34:42

athelas

Problem with Gourmet Recipe Manager and Python

Hi everyone.

I am using Arch with openbox. I've installed gourmet from the repository, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Python is installed, too. When I start gourmet I get a lot of error messages:

[mario@krynn ~]$ gourmet
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkWindow)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkInvisible)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkObject)
WARNING: Plugin module import failed
PATH: ['/usr/bin', '/usr/lib/python26.zip', '/usr/lib/python2.6', '/usr/lib/python2.6/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-old', '/usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PIL', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gst-0.10', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0', '/usr/share/gourmet', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugins', '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugins/import_export', '/usr/share/gourmet/']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugin_loader.py", line 243, in get_module
    self._loaded = __import__(self.module)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugins/import_export/pdf_plugin/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import pdf_exporter_plugin,print_plugin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugins/import_export/pdf_plugin/print_plugin.py", line 4, in <module>
    import poppler
ImportError: No module named poppler
WARNING: Failed to load plugin pdf_plugin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugin_loader.py", line 93, in load_active_plugins
    self.active_plugins.extend(self.available_plugin_sets[p].plugins)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugin_loader.py", line 256, in __getattr__
    if attr == 'plugins': return self.get_plugins()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/plugin_loader.py", line 262, in get_plugins
    return self.get_module().plugins
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'plugins'
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/backends/db.py:294: SADeprecationWarning: The Binary type has been renamed to LargeBinary.
  Column('image',Binary(),**{}),
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/backends/db.py:295: SADeprecationWarning: The Binary type has been renamed to LargeBinary.
  Column('thumb',Binary(),**{}),
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/gtk_extras/mnemonic_manager.py:312: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  widget.set_text_with_mnemonic(txt[0:index] + '_' + txt[index:])
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py:1011: GtkWarning: Invalid input string
  self.main.add(self.main_notebook)

Gourmet starts but I can't create a new recipe. I've already tried to change the first line in /usr/bin/gourmet to

#!/usr/bin/python2.6

but it doesn't make any difference. Does anyone know what to do.

Thanks, mario.

#2 2010-10-06 04:16:52

aeroemike

Re: Problem with Gourmet Recipe Manager and Python

I'm experiencing the same issues with Arch and Openbox using gourmet and gourmet-dev.  Sorry I don't have anything to add.  I installed python-poppler from AUR and that got rid of the errors on startup, but when trying to create a new recipe I get

[mbynum@m1330 ~]$ gourmet
Problem adding recipe with dictionary...
KEY: deleted of type <type 'str'> VALUE: False of type <type 'bool'>
KEY: last_modified of type <type 'str'> VALUE: 1286338412.47 of type <type 'float'>
KEY: title of type <type 'str'> VALUE: New Recipe of type <type 'unicode'>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 1132, in show
    rc=reccard.RecCard(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/reccard.py", line 69, in __init__
    recipe = self.rg.rd.new_rec()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 1416, in new_rec
    return self.add_rec(blankdict)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 1179, in add_rec
    ret = self.do_add_rec(dic)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 1304, in do_add_rec
    select = self.recipe_table.select(self.recipe_table.c.id==insert_statement.execute(**rdict).lastrowid)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2310, in lastrowid
    return self.cursor.lastrowid
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lastrowid'

I don't know any python, so I'm not sure what these errors are pointing to.  Hopefully someone else can give us some insight.

#3 2010-10-06 08:10:24

schuay
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: Problem with Gourmet Recipe Manager and Python

This package seems to be looking for python-poppler from the AUR. Not sure if this is a needed or an optdepends.

If you are using [testing], you will need to add the following line to the python-poppler PKGBUILD before configure:

export PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2

If you are NOT using [testing], you will need to rebuild python poppler WITH that line once the python rebuild is moved out of testing.

Edit: this only solves the error from OP. Trying to add a recipe still results in aeromike's error. No idea about that one.

Edit2: just realized aeromike already mentioned python-poppler smile

Last edited by schuay (2010-10-06 08:16:19)

Board footer