You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-05 16:22:14

VCoolio

Wacom Touch only moves, doesn't click/scroll

I bought a bamboo wacom touch and spent this afternoon to get it to work. I can't update to xorg 1.9 because my video driver (nvidia 173) doesn't support that, which means I can't install the regular packages. I tried doing it manually, but that wouldn't get the tablet to work. I checked the forums, found out that the AUR package linuxwacom-bamboo-cth-ctl works miracles. I downloaded the PKBUILD and stuff, removed dependencies in there for xorg-server etc and did 'makepkg', assuming it would fail because of my modifcation. It worked however; a miracle package indeed. But the tablet only moves the cursor around. Three out of the four expresskeys work as mouse presses, which is nice, but I would like to 'tap' the tablet for a mouseclick, and be able to scroll. Ideas on that? For udev rules or xorg.conf check what the AUR package does here, it contains the udev rules and xorg.conf is in the build() part of the PKGBUILD.
Using 2.6.35-ck kernel, xorg-server 1.8.1.902-1.

Last edited by VCoolio (2010-10-05 16:23:57)

#2 2010-10-07 10:12:24

VCoolio

Re: Wacom Touch only moves, doesn't click/scroll

Well, cowards aren't rewarded. I had kept my normal mouse plugged in just in case. It seems it keeps the tablet from doing it's thing. At least I can tap now. Now I need to learn how to scroll and done.

Board footer