You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-08 19:31:07

test1000

gameport controller or soundcard or both..

Hi, I have an old microsoft sidewinder 3d pro joystick which i thought i would use to play some games. Unfortunately it only supports gameport. Now, gameport to usb converters is reported to only enable some buttons on the joystick or not work at all. So my options are as follows:

a) Buy a gameport card: http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-and-Gameport- … _500wt_922 <- would that work?
b) Buy a soundcard with a gameport. I'm thinking this will be the best solution because if i do this then i can use a higher sampling rate with alsa/pulseaudio and have the processing offloaded to the soundcard aswell as getting a gameport at the same time, right?

In case of b) then it would be nice if someone could give me some links to soundcards working..

edit: oh, i have intel hda built in but i assume almost any external soundcard would be better..

Last edited by test1000 (2010-10-08 19:39:29)

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

Board footer