You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-12 04:44:27

Hiram
Website

Trying to set up a bluetooth dongle... [SOLVED, I guess]

Hi guys, my mouse recently died so I decided to get a wireless one that supported bluetooth. Strangely, the mouse didn't come with a bluetooth dongle so I was forced to buy one separately. I installed bluez as the instructions on the wiki said, and installed blueman for management, but that's where progress stopped.

I'm getting run through a whole lot of errors, such as "Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out", but that's gone away by itself now. The latest error I'm getting is in blueman-manager, stating "DBusNotReadyError: Adapter is not ready".

Basically, I have no idea where to go from here. Any help or guidance anyone can give me at all on this would be nice.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Probably useful to give you guys some system information.

Running i686, kernel 2.6.35, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU 88200 @ 2.333GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Bluez version 4.75-1
Blueman version 1.21-5

lsusb | grep Blue : Bus 007 Device 002: ID 0a12:000 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

If you guys need anything else, just ask.

Edit again: I used the information from http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Mouse instead of the regular bluetooth, and it's started working now. Thanks for the great wiki guys!

Last edited by Hiram (2010-10-12 05:23:49)

Board footer