You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-11 20:56:57

Revolt
Website

Firefox Gnome Integration and Mimetypes

Hey there archers!

The other day I was messing around with libgnome and eliminated the gnome-vfs dependency so I could remove hal. Changed the PKGBUILD, compiled and installed over the official one.

However, upon starting firefox, I noticed popups no longer used notification-daemon and, after trying to open a download from within firefox, I noticed that firefox seems to treat all file types as a general "file link" type. If I choose to open a tar with file-roller if tries to open every other file with file-roller.

I investigated a bit and found that libgnome was responsible for the firefox integration with gnome so I reverted to the one provided by arch. However, the problem persists. Tried using a fresh firefox profile and no change which leads me to thinking that something other than firefox is responsible.

Now I can't say for sure if it was my fault or not because around the same time I updated a bunch of other packages. My searches led me to find people having problems with the latest xulrunner and fonts. Tried reverting that but got the same result.

Since I ran out of quick fixes and don't have time for major regressions I'm resorting to you guys and asking if anyone is experiencing a similar problem or if you know the solution to it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Revolt (2010-10-11 20:58:05)

#2 2010-10-12 14:06:01

ganlu

Re: Firefox Gnome Integration and Mimetypes

Same here, since removed all hal dependencies.

Last edited by ganlu (2010-10-12 14:06:19)

#3 2010-10-13 00:01:52

Revolt
Website

Re: Firefox Gnome Integration and Mimetypes

After installing firefox-beta-bin, 3.6.10 integration is working again!

Board footer