You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-14 14:05:56

odinlake

xmonad: resize tiles using the mouse

I'm using xmonad since I don't want to install all the dependencies for awesome. Does anyone know how to configure xmonad to let me resize the tiles with the mouse, same style as awesome? Initially xmonad is set to make the windows floating before resizing, but I'd rather resize the tile the window is occupying instead.

I hate doing it with Alt+h/l in big steps - it's both faster and more precise with the mouse.

#2 2010-10-14 14:52:50

sitquietly

Re: xmonad: resize tiles using the mouse

You could use bluetile with all of its features, one of which is resizing the tile layout with the mouse.

When I used bluetile my xmonad.hs looked like this:

import XMonad
import XMonad.Config.Bluetile
import XMonad.Util.Replace

main = replace >> xmonad bluetileConfig
    { modMask = mod4Mask
    , borderWidth = 2
    }

See <http://www.bluetile.org/> for a video overview of bluetile.
The bluetile mode inside xmonad is simpler and may be what
you're looking for.

#3 2010-10-14 18:38:05

Anntoin
Website

You should definitely have a look at Bluetile. But if you just want to resize using the mouse have a look at the MouseRisizableTile layout http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-co … eTile.html .

Last edited by Anntoin (2010-10-14 18:38:42)

#4 2010-10-15 02:11:01

odinlake

Thanks! Bluetile doesn't look very appealing though, I'm happy without any window decoration and gnome-panels. Can I get rid of the gap between tiles that MouseRisizableTile gives me? Best would be if I can resize using, say, Metakey+mouse.

#5 2010-10-15 08:02:34

Runiq

odinlake wrote:

Can I get rid of the gap between tiles that MouseRisizableTile gives me? Best would be if I can resize using, say, Metakey+mouse.

What you want to do is to change the master/slave ratio (and possibly the ratio between different slaves as well), right? As far as I know, there's no module to do that right now. If you were able to code that up, I'd be eternally grateful. wink

Board footer