You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-29 16:26:34

natostanco

General Hardware issues aspire 1825PTZ

Hello, I am a newbie but i thought that posting in the hardware issues was more appropriate because I need to set up all the hardware of my netbook correctly.
So here they are:

- GRAPHIC DRIVERS I have installed the latest intel drivers for my chipset but i don't know if i have loaded vesa or proprietary drivers, maybe i should confire xorg.conf, wiki is not really clear to me about this... installed new drivers they automatically set up eliminating the conflicts

- TOUCHPAD: I have installed synaptics drivers, installed gpoining-device-settings, and run and configured with it (even if when i start it it says an X error occurred. The error was BadAtom (invalid atom parameter) working

- SATA AHCI in bios it is enebled, so did /arch/setup installed them automatically? followed wiki pretty fast and simple.

- AUDIO: my netbook has a simple dolby as output, writing dolby in the wiki doesn't give me anything, is there something I should know? got alsa, but looking to the pro audio wiki page tongue

- WIFI: I have managed it to get it working, but I want it to auto connect at boot. adding wlan0="dhcp" and INTERFACES=(wlan0) enables the wifi card at boot, but I don't know why setting DAEMONS=(...net-profiles) and NETWORKS=(wireless-wpa)doesn't let the card connect, help? Working ,boot to big_smile, commented wlan="dhcp", modified net-profiles daemon in background

-BLUETOOTH: Not configured yet so i won't ask anything untill I'll configure it. working followed wiki

-CARD READER: I was just thinking: do I need to just add HAL as daemon? I didn't find any particular guide for card readers. Working, just added HAL

-G-SENSOR: The accelerometer, I really have no clue, i have not found anything in the wiki. Clarifications?

-WEBCAM: not yet configured like bluetooth, i will follow the wiki and if i get problems I will update.

-WiMAX: I don't really need them but I am curious... smile Clarifications?

I hope you will help me thanks smile

Ps: Sorry for wall of text, I tried to make it as clear as i could.^^

Last edited by natostanco (2010-10-08 14:56:27)

#2 2010-10-17 13:48:10

natostanco

Re: General Hardware issues aspire 1825PTZ

Hi all again...I found this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1486671
what i need from it is
- how to enable multitouch
- how to enable accelerometer
- how to setup screen rotation (scrpit from tablet pc wiki not working for me...)

Please can someone help me try to port this stuff from that ubuntu thread to arch linux?

Board footer