You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-15 06:49:11

siriusb

knetworkmanager doesn't show the available connections

I decided to torture myself for a week so I installed KDE over Gnome (after a full backup of course). I got rid of gnome so I have a clean KDE environment now. One of my problems is that while nm-applet worked flawlessly in Gnome, knetworkmanager doesn't show the DSL connection that networmanager handles or the one I add through knetworkmanager.
Networkmanager start dsl connection during boot, but I can't stop or start this or other the connection via knetworkmanager.

I didn't find a clue on the internet, so please advise where to look or what to do. Thanks.

#2 2010-10-17 22:06:16

mcsilva

Re: knetworkmanager doesn't show the available connections

I also moved from gnome to kde4, and I'm enjoying it.
But I didn't like kde networkmanager applet (the package is called "kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement"). So I uninstalled kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement and use "network-manager-applet" from gnome.
It works flawless in KDE4 and has all the features I want.

#3 2010-10-18 08:13:45

siriusb

I know first I used that applet too, but I wanted a clean KDE enviroment. KDE is not bad, but I came back to gnome anyway. smile This was a test run only. I was able to solve most issue, but e.g. I couldn't find anything to replace mail-notification with kde equivalent or I couldn't display my network traffic speed on the panel. Small things like these are sooooo  convinient and I missed them.

#4 2010-10-19 01:15:08

ffjia

@siriusb

You can try kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement instead of knetworkmanager

Board footer