You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-21 11:57:16

Kinux

[SOLVED] PCManFM 0.9.7 in Gnome silly problem!

Hello,

My Delete button is next to my Left Arrow key on my small keyboard so I have lost accidentally many times some files and directories with this silly Nautilus not having a confirmation option like Explorer and not always remembering to go through all the content of the Trash before emptying it. (I think this is a very annoying behavior of Gnome file manager.)

So, long story short, I installed the PCManFM 0.9.7 package. It works fine. But I can't find a way to Create a Folder!
It seems silly but I found no way. I tried Ctrl+Shift+N, Alt+N, Ctrl+F and Ctrl+Shift+F to no avail. There is no option in File menu neither.

Appreciate any help or a setting for Nautilus to behave correctly.

Last edited by Kinux (2010-10-21 14:41:24)

#2 2010-10-21 14:02:55

lagagnon
Website

Re: [SOLVED] PCManFM 0.9.7 in Gnome silly problem!

Right click within a blank area in the files pane itself and choose New, Folder.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2010-10-21 14:34:28

Kinux

Re: [SOLVED] PCManFM 0.9.7 in Gnome silly problem!

In fact as my directories are full of files with long file names, there was no blank area to right click! Right clicking inside a newly created directory worked as you mentioned. Then I found scrolling to the right and right clicking on other columns other than Name, gives the new folder option too smile

Thanks again. I hope they add a shortcut or a menu option in future.

Board footer