You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-23 23:03:35

CPUnltd
Website

possible e17 issue: resizing windows causes "white-out"

not sure where this problem fits in the categories of the forum, so I figured I'd drop it here... I'm running e17 and recently I started experiencing a "white-out" problem whenever full-screening or resizing windows... so far, the only program that doesn't seem to suffer from this white-out is Opera... I'm not sure how to reproduce this error for anyone either... once the whiteout occurs, the window becomes generally inoperable (I think it's a screen draw issue, because if I know where things relatively are or should be, I can somewhat use the window... so the operations are all still there, I just can't properly see the window itself... closing and reopening fixes this, but nothing else works.  Running via console does nothing as well...

oddly enough, when using gimp, resizing the image window doesn't affect the option windows that are also open... also, when opening xfe and resizing, the main window gets the whiteout effect, but when I close it, the dialog box that asks if I really want to close it looks completely normal...  Please ask whatever questions are necessary to fix this issue... I'm thinking it may be an e17-only issue, but not sure... plan to log into xfce as well to see if I still experience the same thing... 

ANY feedback would be nice...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer