You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-24 11:41:24

franz1789

high cpu usage && no kde shutdown

Hi, I've got two problems, don't know if they are related but I'll post'em both, 'cause I'm looking for solutions since a month and couldn't fix 'em. First of all, I'm using a HP dv5-1110el laptop, with a nVidia 9600M graphic card, I'm using:

kernel26 2.6.35.7-1 from core
xorg-server 1.9.0.901-2 from testing
nvidia-beta 260.19.12-1 from AUR (trying to solve xorg-related cpu high usage problem)
grub2 1.98-5 from extra
kde 4.5.2-1 from extra

Now, long story shorts, these are my two problems:
1) when I try to shutdown, reboot, suspend, hibernate kde from the menu, I receive no answer, the dialog box appear, I confirm the shutdown (or what else) but then nothing happen.
2) even if I turn off composite in kwin, from htop, top or any kind of monitor xorg seems to be using from 10% to 70% cpu, I tried to downgrade or upgrade xorg, downgrade or upgrade nvidia driver, still no solutions...
Also, sometimes when I try to enter console from kde (ctrl+alt+f1 etc) the firsts line of the console appear on the bottom of the screen, so everything I type seems to be written in a hidden part of the console, down those lines and therefore invisible... Perhaps this problem has been solved by an upgrade, cause after a reboot since month today I've been able to access the console ..

Board footer