You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-24 22:57:11

gr1m5

[SOLVED] PulseAudio with Flash Issues

Hey everyone! It's my first time posting on the Arch Linux forums and I'm excited to be a part of the community smile I made the switch from Ubuntu after becoming frustrated with the way things were heading (I will spare you from my rant). Installation was a bit more involved than I expected but it was a rewarding experience and I had a lot of fun setting everything up; and I am pleased with the results. I have one last issue that I wasn't able to solve by using the excellent wiki... I have set up PulseAudio and it seems to not like it when I have Rhythmbox open and Chromium running a flash video at the same time. PulseAudio stops playing audio when I have a song playing on Rhythmbox and I pause it to watch a flash video (youtube, colbertnation.com, etc). The result is no audio being played from the flash video and if I resume playback from Rhythmbox, no audio is played. The only ways I can get audio to work again is by closing all applications that play audio (Chromium, Rhythmbox, etc), restarting PulseAudio by running "killall pulseaudio && pulseaudio" (I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do this) and then playing and then opening an audio file from the file browser, or rebooting the computer. I have looked through the wiki and the forums and I was not able to find anything that would help solve this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated smile

Last edited by gr1m5 (2010-10-31 22:10:30)

#2 2010-10-25 02:18:43

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] PulseAudio with Flash Issues

How did you set pulseaudio up? Is Rhythmbox using pulseaudio (seems like, from your explanation)? Is Chromium? Identify which app isn't using it (probably Chromium) and search specifically for the fix for that app.

FWIW, I've seen a few pulseaudio/chromium threads here in the bbs.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-10-25 02:46:18

gr1m5

D'oh! I didn't think to search for chromium+pulseaudio problems. I was searching for the wrong thing. Ill try that later tonight and post the results. Thanks!

#4 2010-10-25 04:47:03

boast

did you setup your /etc/asound.conf like the wiki said?

Asus M4A785TD-V ;; Phenom II X4 @ 3.9GHz ;; Ripjaws 12GB DDR3-1600 ;; 128GB Samsung 830 ;; MSI GTX460 v2 w/ blob ;; Arch Linux + KDE 4.x

#5 2010-10-26 04:35:57

gr1m5

Yes I did boast.

Okay so I looked around the forums a bit and tried blacklisting snd_pcm_oss in rc.conf, but I did not have any success. It seems to me that is not a chromium problem but a flashplugin problem... I haven't had much time to try the other suggestions in different threads, but I will post again when I do. Thanks for the help smile

#6 2010-10-31 20:24:08

gr1m5

Okay, I got a chance to sit down and figure this out. It turns out that all I had to do it get libflashsupport-pulse from AUR. Works without issues now.

Board footer