You are not logged in.

#26 2005-04-27 15:28:16

dp
Website

Re: thinkpad x31 or x40 (or another very-light laptop)

thank you

does someone knwo what "discrete graphics" mean?

strange that ibm is not advertising the X41 as a tablet-pc everywhere

now i hope that as the new models are out, the old ones go down with the price!

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#27 2005-04-27 17:35:48

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

those x41 pics were yoinked from the US's Federal Communications Commision - they review technology for safety stuff when it comes out... and it's technically public domain... I know alot of people who check the FCC for gadget info 8)

#28 2005-04-27 17:40:42

viniosity
Website

phrakture wrote:

those x41 pics were yoinked from the US's Federal Communications Commision - they review technology for safety stuff when it comes out... and it's technically public domain... I know alot of people who check the FCC for gadget info 8)

I still think it's all a bit strange.. I just bought an X41 and am waiting for delivery.  Will I be getting a laptop or a laptop/tablet?  While I certainly wouldn't fuss if the laptop could also be used as a tablet I'd expect some mention of that capability on IBM's site. 

I can't help but think that this 'X41' on the FCC website is really a different model like an X50 or something.  Adding a major 'feature' like that would be a bit strange.

#29 2005-04-27 18:18:59

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

viniosity wrote:

I still think it's all a bit strange.. I just bought an X41 and am waiting for delivery.  Will I be getting a laptop or a laptop/tablet?  While I certainly wouldn't fuss if the laptop could also be used as a tablet I'd expect some mention of that capability on IBM's site. 

I can't help but think that this 'X41' on the FCC website is really a different model like an X50 or something.  Adding a major 'feature' like that would be a bit strange.

If I understand correctly, the reason those pics are from the FCC is because it's not released yet and the FCC is OK-ing it for sale in the US... I don't know if it's a new model, but it looks like just a screen upgrade to the X41.. .so maybe it's called "X41-T" or something to indicate the tablet... I dunno if you can buy the tablet yet..

Board footer