You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-30 16:00:19

eldubsports

gvfs-fuse-daemon issue

Yesterday afternoon after a system reboot, I noticed that Namoroka was no longer functioning, it would freeze on startup. I checked system monitor and noticed that firefox's status was uninterruptible. I removed firefox and all dependencies, rebooted, then reinstalled firefox. Same issue. Then I proceeded to install Chromium, but that wouldn't startup either (it wouldnt be listed as uninterruptible, just sleeping..but still, wouldn't start). I then noticed that my CPU usage was incredibly high (two of my 8 cores were maxed out, and my system was using 2 Gb of RAM). I also noticed that my network connnectivity was very slow (but i can ping). After another fresh reboot, I noticed that there was another process that was marked uninterruptible, this time the gvfs-fuse-daemon. Its waiting channel is call_usermodhelper_exec.

Essentially, my question right now is whether or not gvfs is responsible for all the issues i'm experiencing (my guess is yes) and how to proceed with resolving this issue.

I'm unable to kill any uninterruptible process,  so I'm not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

A little bit of an update, i renamed gvfs-fuse-daemon to gvfs-fuse-daemon.bak and rebooted. Everything booted up fine, however the browser issues still persists. Firefox is still uninterupttible and chromium never opens.

Furthermore, ephiphany is functional. The problem is currently limited to firefox (both when logged in as user and root).

Last edited by eldubsports (2010-10-30 17:09:29)

Board footer