You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-01 01:31:02

bkadoctaj

Openbox Windows only "Maximizing" to Right Half of Screen

Hi all,

Having a frustrating time here getting my Openbox to play nice with its windows... Basically, if I click any application's maximize button on the title bar, the window "maximizes" to exactly the right half of my display (I only have one screen).  In the maximized state I can't move the window, as per normal maximization.  Here is a screenshot of a window unmaximized:

tNXp3dQ

Here's the same window "maximized":

tNXp3eg

This frustrates me to no end considering that I've tested both a default and a custom rc.xml file... both give the same behavior.  When I use the custom config on another Arch computer, I have no problems with window maximization whatsoever.

But here's the custom rc.xml just in case:

rc.xml

If anyone has any thoughts on how I could start trying to resolve this problem it would be most appreciated.  I've searched for information on this behavior to no avail, so I'm really hoping that someone here has experienced the behavior firsthand.  Thanks in advance,

bkadoctaj

#2 2010-11-01 03:14:10

anonymous_user

Re: Openbox Windows only "Maximizing" to Right Half of Screen

Is the software (like Conky) the same on both computers?

#3 2010-11-01 07:20:04

bkadoctaj

The conky and tint2 configs are different, but both systems have conky and tint2 running.

#4 2010-11-01 07:46:09

SiD

My first thought was it could be related to the margins settings, but your value for left margin = 0, so I think that's not the problem.

<margins>
    <top>30</top>
    <bottom>40</bottom>
    <left>0</left>
    <right>0</right>
</margins>

Last edited by SiD (2010-11-01 07:46:56)

#5 2010-11-01 16:18:43

bkadoctaj

Well, thanks to Anonymous_User I explored my conky configs looking for the one that might be limiting maximization.  It turns out that the one I was using as a panel is the culprit.  For some reason setting "own_window_type" to "panel" makes my windows only maximize to the right half of the screen.  I have no idea why...  hmm

But removing that line from the config fixes the issue.

Board footer