You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-01 05:00:46

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

cairo-dock being spawned multiple times when clicking 'home' icon?

Hi all,

Not sure if any other cairo-dock users experience this, sometimes another instance of cairo-dock will launch seemingly out of nowhere. I've seen this for a couple of weeks but never been able to correlate it with any particular thing I've been doing. The only way I realize is that when I've got my mouse moving over the dock there's my animated dock and another static copy behind (which isn't animated since it doesn't have focus). Quitting the first dock just leaves the 2nd fully functional one in its place.

EDIT: mandog isolated the cause.

Last edited by ngoonee (2010-11-01 16:35:32)

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2010-11-01 13:49:01

z0id

Re: cairo-dock being spawned multiple times when clicking 'home' icon?

This was happening to me when I was using Xfce. I had cairo dock at autostart but it was also starting because of Xfce's weird session saving option.

Last edited by z0id (2010-11-01 13:50:34)

/usr/bin/drinking

#3 2010-11-01 14:50:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Hmm, I've disabled compiz's Session Management plugin, will see if it helps over the next few days. I've had it enabled for months before this happening though.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2010-11-01 16:23:30

mandog

I've having the same problem every time I open my home page through cairo-dock but not If I open my home folder from a desktop icon.

I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about puntuation or spelling and remember most dyslexic people have above average iq.

#5 2010-11-01 16:34:42

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Ah, yes that's what it is. Updating original message to include that. Any french speaking people can bring this upstream?

Board footer