You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-02 21:00:28

floatingman

Error when building programs from AUR

I had a problem installing screen-git from the AUR.  I kept getting this error message, ./autogen.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory, when trying to build this package.

At first I thought it might just be a problem with the screen-git pkgbuild, but I tried to install something else from AUR and got the same message.   I usually install things with Yaourt, so I thought it may be a problem with that.  I tried to manually install something from the AUR and got the same error. It seems to be affecting anything that needs to be built from source, so I'm wondering if it is a problem with my makepkg.conf.

I couldn't seem to find anything posted in the forums.  Any help will be appreciated.

A man cut me off in traffic the other day, so I told him to go be fruitful and multiply, only in not so many words.

#2 2010-11-02 21:03:36

skunktrader

Re: Error when building programs from AUR

Seems there is a MSDOS EOL character in autogen.sh

#3 2010-11-02 23:14:39

floatingman

That is correct, but it's strange because everything is has come from linux.    I haven't found a way to get rid of the character.  Thought for some reason it might have been caused by using zsh for a while before switching back to bash.

A man cut me off in traffic the other day, so I told him to go be fruitful and multiply, only in not so many words.

#4 2010-11-02 23:45:45

karol
Archivist

I've just built and installed screen-git w/o a problem so it must be something on your side.

#5 2010-11-02 23:53:10

floatingman

Yeah I have installed it on another computer, so I think it is some setting on this computer.  Specifically something wrong with the shell.  I just don't know what would be adding an extra character when the shell is called.

#6 2010-11-03 18:12:45

floatingman

I fixed the problem.  It was only affecting packages from a git repository. I checked and for some reason only on one of my computers, git was setup to add dos newline characters.
With a simple change to my .gitconfig file, changing autocrlf = false, fixed the problem.   Thanks for everyone's help.

Board footer