You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-29 05:19:37

Moo-Crumpus

wiki system errors

In the latest days, I often recieve error messages, when I try to use the wiki. Things like

lib/DbaDatabase.php:54: Fatal[256]: dba_open(/home/judd/public_html/db/wiki_pagedb.gdbm,w): Driver initialization failed for handler: gdbm: Can't be writer

* file: /home/judd/public_html/db/wiki_pagedb.gdbm
    * mode: w
    * handler: gdbm

lib/DbaDatabase.php:54: Fatal[256]: dba_open(/home/judd/public_html/db/wiki_pagedb.gdbm,w): Driver initialization failed for handler: gdbm: Can't be writer

* file: /home/judd/public_html/db/wiki_pagedb.gdbm
    * mode: w
    * handler: gdbm

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2005-04-29 07:42:45

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: wiki system errors

Happens on a regular basis unfortunately. Just wait a minute or two, and refresh the page. Eventually the lock on the dbm file will expire and all will be well again.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-04-29 15:02:59

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

yeah, IIRC this is a gdbm problem where two writers clash... it's kinda funny because that's a real classic CS problem (and the reason why pthreads includes a rwlock object)

#4 2005-04-30 02:13:29

iphitus
Forum Fellow

why would you use gdbm when theres mysql installed on the server?

my 2 cents tongue

iphitus

#5 2005-04-30 02:19:03

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

iphitus wrote:

why would you use gdbm when theres mysql installed on the server?

The stable branch of phpwiki at that time didn't support mysql. Just dbm files.
Once begun, there was no clear path of migration away from the old format. At least, that is my understanding.
I have been working on a couple of scripts to try dumping the data out of the dbm file. I can dump the plain wiki text just fine. Dumping to html format is a little tricky, as I am not sure the parser I have is working quite right..

I heard a rumor that moin moin has a migration tool for phpwiki, but I have not confirmed the fact.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#6 2005-05-01 06:02:30

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

The error is caused because configured to respond in slow mode to stop spamming.

Markku

Board footer