You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-05 08:25:54

utsuwa

[SOLVED] E17 menus

Sorry this might have been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I am trying to update my menus. The problem is that I unistalled xterm and installed lxterminal, but xterm is still listed in the menus. I tried to look at the enlightenment wiki, but all they sayis to copy relevant menu file (kde or gnome) and then edit it, but doesn't instruct how to edit. I opened them in nano but it looks confusing to me. Which part to edit? I don't even see the xterm stated there anywhere.And I presume that it is just a template that gets information from some other directory. I guess it is something simple - some directory with xterm name is still present somewhere and I just need to delete it.  Anyone can help?

Last edited by utsuwa (2010-11-06 13:34:32)

#2 2010-11-05 09:24:08

FarmerF

Re: [SOLVED] E17 menus

Sometimes a .desktop file is not removed when a program is. This leads to the icon still being there. To remove it from the menu you have two options (that I'm aware of):

1 delete the .desktop file from your system (either in /usr/share/applications/  or ~/.local/share/applications/).
2 if you have a recent version of e17 add the offending icon to a menu so you can right click it. Then at the options tab uncheck "Show in menus". The file will still be on the system en show up in the application list but be gone from your menu's

#3 2010-11-06 13:33:43

utsuwa

Re: [SOLVED] E17 menus

Thank you, I knew it was something simple. Your no. 2 was right on.

Board footer