You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-10 11:14:54

freaks

problem with nvidia dualscreen

hello
i have a problem when i connect a second screen on my computer
the display is correct, but there are some bugs with the mouse. Randomly i can't click on my windows, there are a lot of lags. This problem disappears when i deactivate the second screen.
is there a solution ?
must i add some special code in the xorg?

#2 2010-11-10 11:41:43

whoops

Re: problem with nvidia dualscreen

Hi!

Did you try nvidia-config to see what you xorg.conf should look like? I haven't done this for a while, but for what I remember, with most window managers it should be a good idea to disable that xineramalamadingdong-thing, NOT use two seperate xservers... and stuff.

Especially if you use compositing (/compiz) or fancy window decorators (p.e. emerald, transparency & glowing shadow stuff), you might be lacking video RAM or video card performance for the additional desktop to render. Turning off compositing and/or switching to another window manager (xfwm4 did work fine for me, but there still are a lot of better ones for the purpose of preserving system resources).

Also: Some more info about your setup (/software, settings) might encourage more knowledgeable users to give you more specific answers!

Good luck...

#3 2010-11-10 17:23:51

Bregol

Re: problem with nvidia dualscreen

Not sure what nvidia-config will do to your xorg.conf these days, but with new xorg, you either want to either use xorg.conf.d or do a minimal xorg.conf.

To answer the opening post, it depends on what you have tried to do. Are you using separate X servers, Nvidia's twinview, or Xinerama?  I run KDE4 on a monitor and a TV using twinview, and don't have problems with that.  Since you are using Nvidia, I would recommend twinview over other options. I assume you are looking for a single X session to be extended across 2 screens?

Also would be helpful to know if you did anything with your Xorg configuration to get it to how it is now.

Nai haryuvalyë melwa rë

Board footer