You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-09 12:23:55

grondinm

Matrix Theme for slim

Hello everyone.

I am fairly new to ARCH(less than a week) came over from ubuntu. I was looking to theme my gdm login window but i read that is no longer possible.So i switch to SLIM for my login manager and so far i love it. It has some nice themes already available and some relatively easy new theme creation if you good with gimp or something. That is where my problem is i am no graphic artist at all so i was simply wondering if someone know where i can find more themes for SLIM the ones on the official site are nice but i was looking for something matrix themed. I will be trying to make one myself but as i said i suck at anything graphic related. i tried to google for another theme site but came up pretty empty. If anyone can help me either in finding one or making one for myslef i would greatly appreciate it. i have an idea all layed out in my head just not sure how to put it together.

#2 2010-11-09 12:42:24

FarmerF

Re: Matrix Theme for slim

If you want to change the location and appearance of the login box etc then you'll have to get into theming but if another background is enough then just take any matrix picture and save it over /usr/share/slim/themes/default/background.jpg .

#3 2010-11-10 07:33:34

utsuwa

grondinm,

I am also new to Arch like you. I installed SLiM and was suprised by its lightness and beauty. I had the same question  and of course googling SLiM themes is not returning much. However THERE ARE many  out there. First thing to look at is gnome-look.org. Just search for slim and you will get many themes. I think kde-look also has some of them.

Last edited by utsuwa (2010-11-10 07:35:44)

#4 2010-11-10 14:13:18

grondinm

thanx utsuwa will have to look at those i dove in to gimp head first last night and started making a theme but with my limited graphic skills it consists mainly of stuff i found on google i just put it together my issue now is i cant get the entered text(username/password) to show up in the box i made i will get it eventually i will post screen shot when i get home probably wont share it tho since i did not create the original images sad

Last edited by grondinm (2010-11-10 14:15:18)

#5 2010-11-10 23:49:02

utsuwa

Good luck with your gimp endeavor. I think you have to study theme howto on the SLiM website to get text to show up in the box. I am not expert on that though.

Board footer