You are not logged in.

#1 2002-11-20 21:06:18

Arielext
Website

kde 3.1-rc3

I trying to make kde-3.1-rc3 but I'm stuck in the same place as i got stuck while trying to make 3.1-rc1 and rc2.

In kdelibs, while making docbooks the compiler returns with an erro in libbz2 (can't find a method __ctype_b). so I searched the net (well the kde-devel mailinglists) and I found was that libxml2-2.4.26 is BAD, but arch usues libxml2-2.4.24 (I'm making 2.4.25 now). So that shouldn't be the problem.

Does anyone tried to make kde-3.1-rc3? and if so, did you succeed? and if so, what did you do? smile
cause maybe it's the march=athlon-xp optimisation ... I dunno

oh well, windowmaker still rocks smile

apt-get install arch

#2 2002-11-21 17:32:51

Arielext
Website

Re: kde 3.1-rc3

Ok, here's the howto install KDE-3.1 on Arch 0.3:
----------------------------------------------------------
- use ABS to make a fresh copy of Xfree 4.2.1 (otherwise kdebase won't compile)
- use your inteligence when the Xfree make script returns an error. You have to add some ";" because the original sources don't have them (~ about 6 of them).
- use ABS to make and QT 3.1
- use ABS to make and Arts 1.1
- use ABS to download kdelibs
- uninstall bzip2 (pacman -R bzip2)
- use ABS to make and install kdelibs (you need bzip2 to decompress the sources, after that temporarely remove bzip2, so you can make kdelibs without errors)
- install bzip2 again smile
- use ABS to make kdebase, this should go well if you have a fresh Xfree, otherwise the make script will return errors (__ctype_b not linked blablabla)
- use ABS to download, make and install the other parts of KDE you want

I do have the .pkg.gz files, but they are all build with the -march=athlon-xp optimisations, so they can't become a part of Arch, sorry roll

If someone dares to make them for the i686 (thus for Arch) and is getting problems makeing them, please PM me so we can try to fix the errors.

good luck,

apt-get install arch

Board footer