You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-14 11:14:11

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

grub2 theme PKGBUILD - what am I missing?

I wrote the following in an attempt to install the winter theme for grub2.  The package builds just fine, but I must be missing something because there is no theme displayed upon a reboot into grub2, just blue text.  Note that all the grub2-theme.install does it inform the user to edit /etc/default/grub and to set GRUB_THEME to the following bold text and then to update the grub.cfg via a grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

GRUB_THEME=/boot/grub/themes/winter/theme.txt

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this since the true problem might be with me not understanding grub2, not with the PKGBUILD itself.  Please move the thread if appropriate.

# Contributor: graysky <graysky AT archlinux DOT us>

pkgname=grub2-theme-winter
pkgver=1.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Winter grub2 gfxmenu theme that works with grub2 in [extra] out of the box!"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL')
url='http://grub.gibibit.com/Themes'
depends=('grub2>=1.98')
_server=http://grub.gibibit.com/files
_file=overlay_2009-07-19
source=(${_server}/${_file}.tar.gz)
install=grub2-theme.install

build() {
echo "There is nothing to build - this is a data package."
# fix path
#  cd ${srcdir}/${_file}/boot/grub/themes/winter
#  mv theme.txt theme.orig
#  sed 's/\/boot\/grub\/themes/\/usr\/share\/grub\/themes\/winter/' theme.orig > theme.txt
}

package() {
  mkdir -p ${pkgdir}/boot/grub/themes/winter/icons

# install icons
  install -m644 ${srcdir}/${_file}/boot/grub/themes/icons/*.png ${pkgdir}/boot/grub/themes/winter/icons

# install theme files
  install -m644 ${srcdir}/${_file}/boot/grub/themes/winter/*.{png,txt,lua} ${pkgdir}/boot/grub/themes/winter

# install needed fonts
  fonts=(Helvetica-Bold-8.pf2 Helvetica-8.pf2 Helvetica-14.pf2 Helvetica-Bold-14.pf2 lime.pf2 smoothansi.pf2 aqui.pf2 cure.pf2 gelly.pf2)
  for font in ${fonts[@]}; do
   install -m644 ${srcdir}/${_file}/boot/grub/fonts/$font ${pkgdir}/boot/grub/themes/winter
  done
}

sha256sums=('b7b1aa648effd1482d16384be410c57ea591796f59568b388ca3486fe24b752b')

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Board footer