You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-14 21:52:15

Heliax

Increasing resolution of secondary monitor and autodetection?

I've got a laptop with a 1280x800 resolution and a 22" Philips LCD HDTV that supports a max output resolution of 1360x768 from a computer input via VGA.  I'm not new to GNU/Linux (I've run Debian for about three years on a few different laptops and recently began using Arch), but I am new to configuring X or whatever I need to do here.  There are two things I'd like to be able to do ultimately:

* Increase the resolution of my TV display without compromising the laptop display.  Currently my TV displays a 1024x768 resolution when it can go up to 1360x768 as I mentioned previously, but I don't want that to affect the 1280x800 that's displaying correctly on my laptop.

* Be able to automatically display my desktop on my TV at any time.  Right now it only displays a picture if the set is already on and the VGA cable is connected to both it and the laptop and it just mirrors the display on my laptop monitor from booting up onward.  However, if the TV is turned off then back on, I lose that picture until I reboot my system again.

If anyone has any advice on how to fix one or even both of these issues it'd be greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-11-14 21:55:24

skunktrader

Re: Increasing resolution of secondary monitor and autodetection?

Board footer