You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-18 20:23:33

flight243

Automount problems

Hi there!

A month ago I updated my laptop running 2.6.30 with gnome 2.26 as DE to 2.6.35 and gnome 2.32. Everything was working fine previously but now I'm having issues with the partitions and removable media such as pendrives or sd cards. I've been doing a bit of research here in the forum and in the wiki and it seems HAL is already deprecated in favour of udev and udisks which I also have installed.

I've read hundreds of threads and I've tried most of the solutions published here but the farthest I've gotten is the following. By using this rule https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ud … if_present i can read and mount flash drives, but I can't umount them. This other rule https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ud … n-mounting doesn't work for me.

However my internal partitions doesn't automount as before and I don't know what else to do. Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-11-18 21:32:58

brisbin33
Website

Re: Automount problems

Regarding your first issue:

I'm using the first Udev rule linked and it works great, I just `sudo umount` the drives manually.  If you read the rule carefully, it does a lazy unmount if the drive is physically removed.  If you know what you're doing and you're sure the data's been synced you could do this, though I don't recommend it.

Alternatively, I think you could also rewrite the rule to use pmount vs. regular mount to allow umounting as non-root user.

Regarding your second issue:

Persistent partitions should auto mount during boot if setup correctly in /etc/fstab.

Try to be a little more specific on this one:

What did you do? (posting /etc/fstab will answer this)
  What did you expect to happen? (I have partitions sdWhatever and I want them all mounted)
  What actually happened? (Only partitions sdWhateverElse actually mounted)

/edit: the fstab-based automount works for any drives present a boot, internal or not

Last edited by brisbin33 (2010-11-18 21:41:29)

Board footer