You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-24 22:39:57

Zolas

Window borders tearing on OpenBox w/ xcompmgr

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out what's going on with a brand new install of Arch with OpenBox on my eee 1001px (Intel Pineview graphics controller). Whenever I grab a window and move it around the screen, the borders are all flickering and tearing. I've loaded up the xcompmgr which seemed to make it a bit more tolerable. However, the problem is by no means solved. Now, here's the weird thing: When I load glxgears the tearing disappears! But this only happens sometimes which makes it quite frustrating trying to figure out what triggers the no-tearing/flickering in the first place. I've tried to search around the forums and quite a few people seem to have problems of a similar but not identical nature. However, none of the suggested solutions seem to work. Any suggestions to what I might try would be immensely appreciated as I seem to going a bit in circles here.

Cheers!

#2 2010-11-24 23:03:59

Zolas

Re: Window borders tearing on OpenBox w/ xcompmgr

I should add that I've tried using cairo-compmgr as well. Here, the problem is sometimes not as noticable while at other times it's really bad. I'm really not a tech-wiz in any way so I have no idea if this could be correct but it seems that something (sometimes glxgears, at other times simply loading the compositer) triggers a setting which significantly reduces the tearing/flickering. If anyone has any idea what this could be please let me know.

Board footer