You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-26 03:22:00

DasFox

[SOLVED] NameError: name 'pygtk' is not defined

When I type python on the cli then pygtk I get this back:

[root@arch pkg]# python2
Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Oct 20 2010, 03:21:03)
[GCC 4.5.1] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> pygtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'pygtk' is not defined

Seems like pygtk is broke, anyone know how to fix this?

THANKS

Last edited by DasFox (2010-11-29 00:29:14)

12 Year Linux Vet, Don't Let The Post Count Fool Ya! But Sure I Don't Know Everything, Who Does? That's Why I Ask. smile

#2 2010-11-26 03:25:36

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [SOLVED] NameError: name 'pygtk' is not defined

Learn some python...    importing modules is in the list of things you would learn on the first day...

#3 2010-11-26 03:30:22

DasFox

Allan wrote:

Learn some python...    importing modules is in the list of things you would learn on the first day...

I'm not trying to program I'm simply trying to install a Gnome theme and the developer of the Gnome theme said to run python and then pygtk and if it came back with an error then pygtk was broke and something would be wrong in the distro that needs fixing.

I'm trying to fix the distro and this supposed broken pygtk, not program in python...

THANKS

Last edited by DasFox (2010-11-26 03:31:22)

12 Year Linux Vet, Don't Let The Post Count Fool Ya! But Sure I Don't Know Everything, Who Does? That's Why I Ask. smile

#4 2010-11-26 03:33:24

markbabc

DasFox wrote:
Allan wrote:

I'm not trying to program I'm simply trying to install a Gnome theme and the developer of the Gnome theme said to run python and then pygtk and if it came back with an error then pygtk was broke and something would be wrong in the distro that needs fixing.

I'm trying to fix the distro and this supposed broken pygtk, not program in python...

THANKS

well not really sure what you want but to import pygtk in python just type in "import pygtk" without the "'s

#5 2010-11-26 03:44:07

Allan
Pacman
Website

DasFox wrote:

Well, it is going to be hard "fixing" something when the breakage appears to be PEBKAC...

#6 2010-11-26 03:44:56

DasFox

markbabc wrote:
DasFox wrote:
Allan wrote:

THANKS

well not really sure what you want but to import pygtk in python just type in "import pygtk" without the "'s

I was trying to install the Orta theme it has a python installer on it I couldn't run, beccause it kept saying, ImportError: No module named pygtk.
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … ent=134123

Now I have pygtk 2.22 installed and I told this to the developer, he then told me this;

this means that it can\'t find ANY version of pygtk. To further clarify things, i also have pygtk version 2.22 installed and the application works fine. So it seems there is a problem with your distro or installation and pygtk. In order to confirm this, enter :

python

on a terminal and then :

import pygtk

if you get an error, you have confirmed that your pygtk is broken. Else, contact me and i will see what i can do.

So with it now saying 'NameError: name 'pygtk' is not defined' after I run this I'm assuming as he said my pygtk is broke and I'm now trying to figure it out and fix if that is the case...

THANKS

Last edited by DasFox (2010-11-26 03:45:47)

#7 2010-11-26 03:47:12

DasFox

AHHH my bad I didn't run ---> import pygtk smile

OK I don't see anything now.... SORRY

Looks like all is good now...

THANKS

#8 2010-11-26 03:59:07

Allan
Pacman
Website

make sure the installer is running using "python2" and not "python".

#9 2010-11-26 04:28:04

DasFox

Allan wrote:

make sure the installer is running using "python2" and not "python".

Yes I opened it up and edited the first line to switch it...

THANKS

#10 2010-11-26 04:29:53

markbabc

DasFox wrote:

THANKS

so do you want to add [SOLVED] to the title of this post now that you fixed your problem??

#11 2010-11-26 05:29:23

DasFox

markbabc wrote:
DasFox wrote:

THANKS

so do you want to add [SOLVED] to the title of this post now that you fixed your problem??

Yes all good now...

THANKS

#12 2010-11-26 05:37:21

Allan
Pacman
Website

DasFox wrote:
markbabc wrote:

Yes all good now...

Sigh...   hit the "edit" link on the bottom right corner of your first post and add "[Solved]" to the start of the thread title.

Board footer