You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-21 20:08:39

Pelouse

Mic not working with Skype... tried seemingly everything

Hello

I'm having a tough time getting my microphone working with Skype (and everything else... asound also does not work). I tries all sorts of solutions found on the forums but to no avail. I know the hardware is ok as it is working fine in Windoze.

In Alsamixer, Mic is unmuted and at 77%  Capture and Capture 1 show the "Capture LR" inscription in red. I tried Mic and Front Mic as input sources but it doesn't work.

As I use Alsa I blacklisted some OSS modules in etc/rc.conf: MODULES=(!snd_pcsp !snd_pcm_oss !snd_mixer_oss !snd_seq_oss). It does not help.

In Skype, I tries pretty much all combinations in Options/Sound Devices but the test never shows any output.

The output of lsmod | grep ^snd is:

snd_hda_codec_via      54943  1
snd_hda_intel          22285  0
snd_hda_codec          77223  2 snd_hda_codec_via,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep               6110  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                71445  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_timer              19265  1 snd_pcm
snd                    57626  6 snd_hda_codec_via,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
snd_page_alloc          7249  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

My card is HDA Intel, chipset VIA VT1828S. Sound obviously is working fine and I have the latest Skype version. I use Gnome on Arch64, all up to date.

Any ideas I can try?

#2 2010-11-26 14:57:01

Nikolay

Re: Mic not working with Skype... tried seemingly everything

Hi
My problem is similar but the microphone works if I manually switch on the Capture and Digital lines in Recording section of GNOME Volume Control. I have HDA Intel integrated sound chip. Could anyone recommend the inexpensive sound card which is fully compatible with ALSA?

Board footer