You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-28 07:27:24

InVitamMortemque

Slim/Gnome (ck-launch-session did not fix)

Hey guys, I've searched up and down wikis and fora today to no avail.  My problems are as follows:
When using SLiM with GNOME:
1) nm-applet and the "Network Connections" gui give no control over the network unless run as root
2) No GUI way to shut down

Everywhere I go has said to either A) add ck-launch-session to .xinitrc (or the occasional other place, none of which have worked for me) or B) edit policy kit things, using CLI tools that have man pages but I don't actually have, and don't know where to get.  I can't even go and edit them myself, because where the files are supposed to be are restricted even to root, or don't exist.

For now, I switched to gdm, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to switch back to SLiM, if I can get it to work.  Just open to ideas at this point.  Let me know what information you need, I'd be happy to get it for you.  Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-11-28 08:30:42

shwick

Re: Slim/Gnome (ck-launch-session did not fix)

Does drive mounting work?
Are you in power and network groups?

#3 2010-11-28 08:34:06

InVitamMortemque

Re: Slim/Gnome (ck-launch-session did not fix)

shwick wrote:

Does drive mounting work?

Yes, it does, but I had to do some weird stuff to make it work.  If you need, I can try to look up the changes I made, but I'll be lucky to find it.  I've been trying everything I can think of to fix the problems caused by this.

EDIT: Actually, found it again, by accident. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ud … if_present

Are you in power and network groups?

Yes, to both.

Last edited by InVitamMortemque (2010-11-28 08:51:07)

Board footer