You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-19 16:38:48

maxim_

Force laptop-mode on AC mode

I'm configuring Fn* keys on my notebook, and I want to configure SHE button on my Eeepc to swith between battery mode and AC mode regardless if the cable is actually plugged into. Laptop-mode-tools work very fine, but they make notebook very slow on battery, of course it consumes very few power. But sometimes I want to play games even on battery mode and in this time I don't care about battery lifetime. So I want laptop-mode think like I'm on AC, to maximize overall perfomance. Simple:

/etc/rc.d/laptop-mode stop

doesn't work ...

#2 2010-11-25 22:38:35

3])

Re: Force laptop-mode on AC mode

By default your 'cpufreq.conf'  should  have the following:

# cpufreq.conf
# ThinkPad T40/T42/T60 Example
#
CONTROL_CPU_FREQUENCY=1
BATT_CPU_MAXFREQ=fastest
BATT_CPU_MINFREQ=slowest
BATT_CPU_GOVERNOR=ondemand
BATT_CPU_IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=1
LM_AC_CPU_MAXFREQ=fastest
LM_AC_CPU_MINFREQ=slowest
LM_AC_CPU_GOVERNOR=ondemand
LM_AC_CPU_IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=1
NOLM_AC_CPU_MAXFREQ=fastest
NOLM_AC_CPU_MINFREQ=slowest
NOLM_AC_CPU_GOVERNOR=ondemand
NOLM_AC_CPU_IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=0
CONTROL_CPU_THROTTLING=0

check your 'BATT_CPU_GOVERNOR=ondemand' variable in your /etc/laptop-mode/cpufreq.conf

However, Ondemand kind of acts like a laptop going on AC mode when it is given work beyond the ability it currently has.

Strange you can't stop laptop-mode.

Try 'restart', and then 'stop'.

Last edited by 3]) (2010-11-25 22:42:29)

“There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.”-- C.A.R. Hoare

#3 2010-11-26 05:03:27

maxim_

I don't know why you talking about cpufreq smile My 'atom 330' doesn't even support it ... so it's disabled in 'cpufreq.conf'. I was asking how to load laptop-mode's AC settings when you are actually on battery ... like: HDD, USB, intel_hda powersavings, eee_superhe, lcd_brightness and so on. However thanks for the help man! big_smile

#4 2010-11-28 08:50:22

3])

maxim_ wrote:

I don't know why you talking about cpufreq smile My 'atom 330' doesn't even support it ... so it's disabled in 'cpufreq.conf'. I was asking how to load laptop-mode's AC settings when you are actually on battery ... like: HDD, USB, intel_hda powersavings, eee_superhe, lcd_brightness and so on. However thanks for the help man! big_smile

I guess I assumed that CPUfreq would get this done easier. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop_Mode_Tools stated that it did get installed in the bundle.

Would be useful if you could post the actual window manager you use.

Openbox allows shortcut editing, and so do many others,in their own fashion.
Hence, your FN+foo key would work.

Last edited by 3]) (2010-11-28 08:57:18)

“There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.”-- C.A.R. Hoare

Board footer