You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-28 22:23:57

Tayo.hatch

No sound

I'm new to the forums so sorry if i did anything wrong.
my friend installed Arch on my laptop and there's no sound, I've used linux for a while but don't know that much about it.
there isn't a volume Icon. Should i get a driver or a Program or both? and how would i go about doing so? Thanks

Last edited by Tayo.hatch (2010-11-28 22:25:55)

#2 2010-11-28 23:24:19

karol
Archivist

#3 2010-11-29 03:02:24

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: No sound

Tayo.hatch wrote:

I'm new to the forums so sorry if i did anything wrong.
my friend installed Arch on my laptop and there's no sound, I've used linux for a while but don't know that much about it.
there isn't a volume Icon. Should i get a driver or a Program or both? and how would i go about doing so? Thanks

After going to that link karol showed you, go see your friend and reprimand him for installing Arch for you without either:-
a) always being around to help you with stuff
or
b) telling you beforehand that when tinkering with Arch the wiki and google and forums should be searched first for help

Its not your fault, so go blame it on him smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer