You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-05 02:36:48

viniosity
Website

planet arch

These forums are really nice, but I rarely to if ever see any developers/package managers posting.  Do they ever read the posts to know what users are thinking about current/future releases?  For instance, if a lot of us want beagle built-in to 0.8 how do we make that known?

Also, is there a planet archlinux or something where the devs post progress on future releases?  It just seems that new packages are posted all the time and I have no idea how it all happens..

#2 2005-05-05 02:44:04

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: planet arch

viniosity wrote:

These forums are really nice, but I rarely to if ever see any developers/package managers posting.

On occasion. Generally though, no.

Do they ever read the posts to know what users are thinking about current/future releases?  For instance, if a lot of us want beagle built-in to 0.8 how do we make that known?

They are far more active on the mailing lists.
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo

Also, is there a planet archlinux or something where the devs post progress on future releases?  It just seems that new packages are posted all the time and I have no idea how it all happens..

The rss feed on the frontpage of the http://www.archlinux.org/ site is probably your best bet for getting notices of new packages. Occasionally, a newletter comes out too.

It would be nice to see some more information in the rss feed, like the reason for the update (maybe a snag of the cvs comment field for the particular update).

Other than those listed above, we are generally in the dark about what is happening in devland.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer