You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-06 04:20:28

ConnorBehan
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

[Request] Include classic r300-dri mesa driver in ati-dri package

Hi. Despire updating everything else on my system today, I am forcing myself to use old copies of mesa, ati-dri, libgl and libdrm because of a decision made in the mesa PKGBUILD. Specifically, the package is built with "--enable-gallium-radeon" to take advantage of OpenGL 2.1 support on r300 cards. That's all well and good but me and at least one other person are seeing complete failure of OpenGL apps with it.

Asking you to remove this from the PKGBUILD may be unreasonable if there are other people that see good performance with it, but can I ask you to include the old driver *as well*? This does not look difficult at all because the PKGBUILD has a line for quickly installing that driver and it is just commented out! After all this PKGBUILD installs classic and gallium versions of the nouveau driver so why not radeon as well?

Thanks for considering. I know I could easily compile this part myself, but that seems like a waste when getting it in the default package is as simple as removing one character.

6EA3 F3F3 B908 2632 A9CB E931 D53A 0445 B47A 0DAB
Great things come in tar.xz packages.

#2 2010-12-06 06:07:32

jarryson

Re: [Request] Include classic r300-dri mesa driver in ati-dri package

try compiz the latest git version of mesa yourself.

these two dri libraries can not contain in the same package.

and indeed gallium driver is better than classic one, support more feature. and your problem may be solved in next release.

Board footer