You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-27 10:55:47

adamlogan

Solved: dvd::rip execflow not found in path

Hi I am trying to get a good dvd ripper going on linux. I've been spoiled with mac the ripper, I loved just being able to rip to TS despite all the copy protection and encode later with whatever I like if I want to. Anyways to the topic.

Trying to install dvd::rip. Everything looks good in preferences, I managed to figure out how to install the old self installing rar package to /usr/local/bin and changed the path in dvd::rip accordingly. Everything else checks out ok. But when I hit ok it comes up with that dependency check and apparently all is not well.

Program              Version   
  -------------------------------
  dvd::rip             incomplete
  transcode            1.1.5     
  ImageMagick          6.6.4     
  ffmpeg               SVN-r25472,
  xvid4conf            not installed
  subtitle2pgm         0.3       
  lsdvd                0.16      
  rar                  not installed
  mplayer              cvs       
  ogmtools             1.5       
  dvdxchap             1.5       
  mjpegtools           1.9.0     
  xine                 0.99.6    
  fping                2.4       
  hal                  0.5.14    
  -------------------------------

Saw "dvd::rip itself is listed as "incomplete". Saw output in the terminal saying "ERROR: 'execflow' not found in PATH"
Did a quick

pacman -Ql dvdrip | grep -i "exec"

Got 

dvdrip /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/Video/DVDRip/Cluster/ExecFlowFrontend.pm
dvdrip /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/Video/DVDRip/GUI/ExecFlow.pm

This program sounds incredibly old. The only reason I'm actually interested in dvd::css is I assume it would work faster in comparison to handbrake since it uses the libdvdcss2 where Handbrake does not.

Last edited by adamlogan (2010-12-10 19:37:26)

#2 2010-10-27 14:03:46

Darksoul71

Re: Solved: dvd::rip execflow not found in path

adamlogan wrote:

Hi I am trying to get a good dvd ripper going on linux. I've been spoiled with mac the ripper, I loved just being able to rip to TS despite all the copy protection and encode later with whatever I like if I want to...

Well, I can not comment anything on mac the ripper since I never used it but for ripping DVDs I always use DVDFab HD Decrypter which is free and runs fine under WinXP. It's by far the best option to rip newer DVDs with different copy protection mechanisms.

It is also know to run under WINE:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=7565

If you can live with using a Windows application under Linux I would choose this route. Mainly since you want to use dvd::rip because you hope to have faster access to your DVDs.

My archlinux x86_64 host:
AMD E350 (2x1.6GHz) / 8GB DDR3 RAM / GeForce 9500GT (passive) / Arch running from 16GB USB Stick

#3 2010-12-10 15:09:18

stobbsm
Website

Just added /usr/bin/perlbin/vendor to my PATH, and it works fine.

Would probably work as a symlink as well, but I haven't tried it. My workaround was:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor dvdrip

Ripping a movie now for my appointment this afternoon. Working great, and actually working where handbrake crashes out.

Running the lxqt-git repository. If you would like to help cover costs, consider using using my referral link to digital ocean for your next VPS deployment.
https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=13e0b40e4e39

#4 2010-12-10 19:36:49

adamlogan

Ah, thanks for posting back, I gave up on this awhile ago. If dvdbackup fails on something I'll try to get this up and working again. Is impressive if this is working when handbrake fails. For now I will assume this thread is solved.

Last edited by adamlogan (2010-12-10 19:38:01)

Board footer