You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-06 07:51:56

droog

note organizer

I was just wondering if someone could recommend a note organizer application, i have tons of text notes
for all kinds of crap and need to clean them up somehow, i'm trying notecase right now but theres no way to import text files
so i have to copy and paste everthing
It's helping but i don't want to get too much time in that then find a better app and have compatability problems.
so if anyone uses one or can recommend one please do, i dont have gnome or kde libs installed and its not really an option
with my internet right now so thats really limiting me in this area.

notemeister seems good and i just downloaded some of the older versions and will see if i can get the gnome out of them.
but other than that google hasn't given me much.

#2 2005-05-06 09:12:18

nggalai
Website

Re: note organizer

I used to use Notemeister in the past and switched to Tomboy, now. But then, I'm a GNOME user ...

#3 2005-05-06 09:21:37

droog

tomboy looks cool besides the gnome stuff i would have to install, but i was kind of looking for something with a type of treeview with titles and subtitles to organize alot of notes.  basically like notecase that im using now, there are just a few things that bother me about it.  not importing text being the major problem.

thanks though, hopefully i can get a working notemeister tomorrow when i mess with it, even though im not sure if it can import text, there wasnt much documentation online.

#4 2005-05-06 09:29:42

nggalai
Website

In that case, you should like Notemeister:

notemeister.png

#5 2005-05-06 23:53:34

droog

That looks nice, just what i was looking for. i am moving up to portland for the summer and unfortately put too many things off to be able to play. 
packing sucks! i hate moving and have done too much of it in  the past few years. I wonder if that would work without gnome if it were statically built.. I wouldnt mind a slightly bigger binary for a few things
maybe ill install an older version of gnome i have and try to static build a few things. would this work? i havent built anything statically linked with gnome before.

Board footer