You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-03 19:28:30

anabolikas

Problems with xmonad

Hello, everybody!
I have just changed my wm from awesome to xmonad and have some problems while configureing it. Could you, please, tell me how to do, that new opened window goes on top when it is neccessary. I mean for egzample when I browse gnome-terminal menu, click fonts, but window with font-list doesn't come just or I can't see it. The same problems are with other programs, where I need to click to see browse menu. I hope you have understood what is a problem about.
P.S. when vlc goes fullscreen it also doesn't do this if there is anu other window opened.

Last edited by anabolikas (2010-07-03 19:44:53)

#2 2010-12-15 02:17:52

Digit

Re: Problems with xmonad

i rarely use vlc's own fullscreen mode anymore.  merely switching off the controls, and using xmonad to make it go fullscreen is sufficient (and seems to work less clumsilly, depending on which OS and version of vlc i'm using).

as for your other problem, having new windows open so they go to the top of the stack, i have the same problem, havnt gotten around to properly investigating a solution for that yet.  really annoying in gimp. 

i've no doubt there'll be a simple fix for this. 
u could always ask the guys in #xmonad on irc.freenode.net if you're struggling.
... i'll try to remember to return to this when i'm done doing what i'm doing now.  wink

fave quote of the mo': "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for." - Robert Browning

Board footer