You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-15 23:33:35

CPUnltd
Website

e17 failing functions (hot keys)

attempting to envoke the "run command" ('ALT'+'ESC') box on e17 for my desktop does nothing... I've even rebinded the function to 'SHIFT'+'MENU' and I still get nothing.  How can I troubleshoot this?  I have not tested erasing my .e folder, but I will try backing that up and trying it while I wait for a more permenant answer to my issue.  All questions are welcome, as this is a bit of a pain to not have access to now that I've gotten so used to it...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2010-12-16 00:11:34

Miblo
Website

Re: e17 failing functions (hot keys)

Oh heck, you're in a similar boat to me, CPUultd. I can't really help you, unfortunately, but will keep an eye on your thread to see if any solutions to your e17 problem could be adapted to solve my fluxbox one.

Do your other keys work? If so, you could try rebinding your "run command" box to one of the key bindings that you know is functional. Then if it works, you'll know it's a problem with those specific key bindings that you want. Else, could the command to open your "run command" box possibly have changed with a recent update? Third question: what, if anything, have you done since your key last worked, which might possibly have a bearing on its functionality?

@archun: Intel® Core™ i5-4210M • [GPU] Intel® HD Graphics 4600 • [Kernel] linux-ck-haswell
Handmade.NetworkGitLab
The Life and Times of Miblo del Carpio

#3 2010-12-16 00:19:12

CPUnltd
Website

removed my .e folder (after backing it up) and it works fine now... I'm keeping the backup so we can figure this out... wonder if my laptop problem is in the config folder too... can't scroll past the sound & video menu (no matter how I get to it) without a desktop crash)... will backup .e there and test as well... hoping to actually solve the issue vs "just reformatting"... but since it's working now, will redo all my settings (test to see if it comes back as I redo them) and back that .e up separately so I can fix the issue yet have a working install at the same time...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#4 2010-12-16 00:54:11

Miblo
Website

Brilliant! Your laptop problem sounds nasty, though. I know what you mean about "just reformatting", but mine was inevitable. My "/" partition was full and could have done with being resized, and I had an ongoing problem with `pacman` which seemed to be unsolvable. Also, I rather wanted to reinstall from scratch, not using ArchOne as I had done previously, but going for vanilla Arch and learning how to configure it all myself. More than four years in, and still learning. Your removal of "~/.e" isn't too far away from reformatting, though. The key now is figuring out where the config was slipping up.

@archun: Intel® Core™ i5-4210M • [GPU] Intel® HD Graphics 4600 • [Kernel] linux-ck-haswell
Handmade.NetworkGitLab
The Life and Times of Miblo del Carpio

Board footer