You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-15 12:25:15

SternGerlachExperiment

Battery monitoring problem

I have a problem with my battery level being reported incorrectly. That is, even though acpi states that my battery charge is 0 %, my T60 stays on for another 30 minutes or so.

I made a little script that appends the output of "acpi" into a file once a minute, and from 95 % to about 10 % the discharging  seems to happen at a constant pace, but after dropping below 10 % the pace slows down, and every percent after 4 takes considerably longer to get discharged. And after reaching 0 % the laptop still won't power off for a long time.

I've tried to calibrate the battery by completely discharging it without any powersaving tools in use and then loading it fully, but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Edit: Even "acpitool -B" reports remaining capacity incorrectyl. The computer is stays on even though acpitool says 0 mWh left.

Last edited by SternGerlachExperiment (2010-12-15 14:24:43)

#2 2010-12-16 01:43:04

lagagnon
Website

Re: Battery monitoring problem

I have never found the software monitoring battery tools to be very accurate - they just give you a base indication.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer