You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-16 02:05:18

Japanlinux

new Oxygen-gtk theme engine issues

Hello, I found out about this new gtk engine that allows gtk apps to appear like KDE apps. The link is here for those wondering what engine i'm talking about:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/12/kde- … gtk-theme/

Anyway, I installed the theme and it works well enough, though I have several issues.
1) First, I can't get my icons to show up now, it's as if the theme won't accept faenza icons...
2) How do I install the oxygen theme for Qt applications? I use arora (since I need skype which gives Qt, and thus arora has NO other deps to install), but qtconfig doesn't have oxygen as an option for qt themes. A search of the repos shows only kde-to-gtk themes, but not the actually oxygen theme itself...

Anyone out there used this theme engine?

#2 2010-12-16 03:21:28

ANOKNUSA

Re: new Oxygen-gtk theme engine issues

Am I correct in understanding that you're using GNOME?  If so, I'm pretty sure the purpose of this theme is to better integrate GTK+ apps into KDE, not the other way around.  The oxygen theme is the default theme for KDE, and isn't available separately; you might be able to install parts of KDE to get oxygen working in GNOME.  Try this.

#3 2010-12-16 09:04:34

avoulk
Website

I, too, think you have to install the base KDE SC packages to get oxygen..

#4 2010-12-16 10:19:14

bakthariq

Select GTK+ in the qtconfig as your GUI style. Qt will follow your GTK+ style, which is oxygen-gtk, I presume smile

Board footer