You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 00:06:38

naguz

How to stop Nautilus from being case sensitive when sorting by name?

I have read this thread, and done a whole lot of googling to.

Yet nautilus insist on sorting my files and folder wrong (ie. case sensitive, with capital letters first), while everything else like bash and pcmnanfm does it the right way.

I now have
export LC_COLLATE="nb_NO.UTF-8"
in a file called .profile in my home directory which I created, as this was mentioned somewhere.

Before that, i tried adding the same line both to my .bashrc and .bash_profile file, without any luck.

This is annoying the hell out of my, especially since I seem to be the only one with this problem for years. Any help

edit to clarify: Not ALL capital letters come first. ie. alpha comes before Charlie. But PS2 comes before ps or PS1. It shouldn't do that, and nothing else does this. Why does nautilus behave in this strange way?

Last edited by naguz (2010-12-19 00:09:12)

#2 2010-12-19 05:21:07

Tekken

Re: How to stop Nautilus from being case sensitive when sorting by name?

I think what *should* work is setting your LOCALE in '/etc/rc.conf' like so:

LOCALE="nb_NO.UTF-8"

Also, make sure that your locale is listed through the "locale -a" command.

Edit:   Forgot the quotes tongue

Last edited by Tekken (2010-12-19 05:23:03)

#3 2010-12-19 11:02:49

naguz

Re: How to stop Nautilus from being case sensitive when sorting by name?

I already have

LOCALE="en_US.UTF-8"

in /et/rc.conf.

Running locale-a, however, I get.

bokmal
bokml
C
en_US                                                                                                                                
en_US.iso88591                                                                                                                       
en_US.utf8                                                                                                                           
nb_NO                                                                                                                                
nb_NO.iso88591                                                                                                                       
nb_NO.utf8                                                                                                                           
no_NO                                                                                                                                
no_NO.ISO-8859-1                                                                                                                     
norwegian                                                                                                                            
POSIX  

Why are the locales suddenly written in the "wrong" format here? I know this varies a bit about distros, and potentially can cause problems. Yet when i edit the locale.gen file they are written "correctly".

Board footer