You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 18:22:00

toad
Website

kaffeine suddenly stopped dvb-t

I was watching TV on my T41 (i386) with kaffeine when it suddenly stopped. All subsequent attempts to bring it back to life have failed. I tried scanning for channels, but all it does is jump through steps of 11%. CLI says:

DvbDevice::frontendEvent: tuning failed

in multiples. According to dmesg everything is recognized properly:

dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver)...
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-4/1-4.2/input/input13
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
dvb-usb: TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully initialized and connected.

I also tried gnome's dvb-t daemon. Unfortunately it gave me even less, i.e. not even CLI output. Google showed up a few similar probs and seemed to point to a kernel issue. So I booted my secondary system (MintDebian) to see whether things were different, but things were exactly the same. So if anybody's got any idea, please help a bloke on a camp site at minus 15 degrees Centigrade wink

Oh, and the same device functions perfectly on my desktop with Arch 64-bit.

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#2 2010-12-20 04:59:08

moetunes

Re: kaffeine suddenly stopped dvb-t

I can't help but think part of the tv card has failed since it won't work in either os. How long ago was it that you tried it in the desktop ?

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Board footer