You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-04 05:31:20

Moo-Crumpus

pacman assimilated my alsa?

Duh oh. I refreshed my laptop with a pacman -Syu, reboot, and have no more sound. Sometimes, I am very tired about archlinux. Forget the idea of a linux, that will continuous work once well configured. Latest updates broke my udev, and now my sound environments.  :cry:

I searched a bit in the forum, wondered why my gnome media setup asks if I would like to use esd, considered and denied it, and found no tip.

Could someone give me a quick hint. My idea so far is, udev permissions fails on granting audio group access to audio devices. If so, a bunch of others should have the same issues.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2005-05-04 10:19:48

CyberTron
Website

Re: pacman assimilated my alsa?

if you are using gnome, then have you tried NOT using Enlightenment sound demon?

In *prefereences* for gnome you have thhe oportunity to change what preffered  multimedia devices should be:

Desktop -> Preferenses -> Chooser for multimedia systems   (think that is the names (use enlightenment for the momemnt)

then in the audio selection, choose alsa as preferred multimedia system for audio..

maybe it is that maybe it is not, but you might wanna give it a try anyway big_smile

good luck

http://www.linuxportalen.com  -> Linux Help portal for Linux and ArchLinux (in swedish)

Dell Inspiron 8500
Kernel 2.6.14-archck1  (selfcompiled)
Enlightenment 17

#3 2005-05-04 11:22:09

lanrat

Pink Chick: please, don't replicate threads. I've already answered you in your previous thread about udev and group permissions :-)

#4 2005-05-08 17:13:50

Moo-Crumpus

I do not replicate threads. Maybe I mentioned the war.
The issue was, gnome won't do with alsa in media setup, but with esd, after having esd fetched, but not started as a daemon. What is going on, I had this on 2 machines now. Isn't anyone else having the same results?

Frumpus addict

#5 2005-05-09 05:35:10

Moo-Crumpus

Stupid. I found my alsamixer was muted in several sections. Alsa is still ok. I was not aware of such a change.

Frumpus addict

Board footer