You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-20 20:06:23

RufusD

Any chance to get compositing goodness off my Intel GMA 3150?

Hi there!
I just installed Arch on my brandnew Intel D510MO board. This Mini-ITX board comes with an Intel GMA 3150 graphics chip. Now I'm wondering if I can get some decent compositing out of that GPU when using KDESC 4.5.85. I installed xf86-video-intel, which is currently at version 2.13.902-1. Using OpenGL the desktop effects instantly disabled themselves, so I switched to XRender. However, still the performance is sub-optimal. I remember people claiming to run decent compositing off some intel chips, but I can't recall for sure which ones they we're using. So is there any chance to get good compositing performance?
Best wishes,
Rufus

#2 2010-12-20 23:50:57

Rasi
Website

Re: Any chance to get compositing goodness off my Intel GMA 3150?

RufusD wrote:

Hi there!
I just installed Arch on my brandnew Intel D510MO board. This Mini-ITX board comes with an Intel GMA 3150 graphics chip. Now I'm wondering if I can get some decent compositing out of that GPU when using KDESC 4.5.85. I installed xf86-video-intel, which is currently at version 2.13.902-1. Using OpenGL the desktop effects instantly disabled themselves, so I switched to XRender. However, still the performance is sub-optimal. I remember people claiming to run decent compositing off some intel chips, but I can't recall for sure which ones they we're using. So is there any chance to get good compositing performance?
Best wishes,
Rufus

hmm, odd - opengl should just work (tm)

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#3 2010-12-21 13:13:25

toketin

Re: Any chance to get compositing goodness off my Intel GMA 3150?

Hi, in my notebook i've tried to upgrade to Kde 4.6 beta 2 but with the new intel driver of testing i can't use it, kwin crashes always, so i keep kde 4.5 stable and the intel driver in extra big_smile

Board footer