You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-25 01:36:29

Ben9250
Website

GDM Themes

Hi,

I've read around about this and looked at the wikis, but haven't found my answer. I've downloaded this theme for GDM: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … ent=117133 And when unzipped I get an xml and a .desktop file. I downloaded gdm2setup and it didn't prove useful, and I tried doing the softlink the gnome appearnace properties .desktop file to the gdm loginwindow directory method in the wiki on gnome tips but that didn't work either. I had a browse of the gconf-editor options for gdm and I don't see any obvious clue as to how I make use of this theme. I was thinking of soft-linking the themes .desktop file that the downloaded zip-file provides, to the LoginWindow directory of gdm, but I don't know if that would work. The creator of this theme left little instruction. I'ts probably something stupidly obvious, knowing me.

Cheers,
Ben.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-12-25 03:21:09)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-12-25 03:37:36

anonymous_user

Re: GDM Themes

That theme is likely for the older GDM v2.20. If you want to learn about the new GDM read here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … g_gdm_2.28

#3 2010-12-25 13:22:58

Ben9250
Website

Re: GDM Themes

Ahh I see, that's a shame, makes the job a lot more difficult. I can set the background and GTK theme and such using the wiki method, but it's nothing like the download promised, the fact it's this relatively useless .desktop file doesen't help matters. Nevermind, I'll keep searching for a way around this (if there is one, there may not be).

Cheers,
Ben.

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

Board footer