You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-27 07:43:41

panthe0n
Member
From: Noo Zulund
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 33

mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

I just installed and configured mpdscribbler. Followed the instructions on the Arch Wiki. The program seems to start fine but it doesn't scrobble anything. Why would this be? I checked my MPD port and host and made sure it matched in my mpdscribbler conf file. My username and password for last.fm are fine. Anything else I should check? Does the username just have to be the username or the URL to your profile?

Last edited by panthe0n (2010-12-27 09:13:22)


Registered Linux User #523818.

Offline

#2 2010-12-27 08:01:49

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 18,778
Website

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

If you haven't already, set up a log file and then check what gets logged.

Your username is just that: username.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2010-12-27 08:06:36

panthe0n
Member
From: Noo Zulund
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 33

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

jasonwryan wrote:

If you haven't already, set up a log file and then check what gets logged.

Your username is just that: username.

There's a consistent "Failure to resolve host name" and "Couldn't resolve host 'post.audioscrobbler.com'" error that comes up.

I would copy/paste the entire log but I don't know how to from urxvt.


Registered Linux User #523818.

Offline

#4 2010-12-27 08:22:23

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 18,778
Website

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

This works for me: give it a go

log = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/mpdscribble.log
verbose = 2
musicdir = /mnt/quiver/Music
[last.fm]
url = http://post.audioscrobbler.com/
username = me
password = password
journal = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/lastfm.journal
[libre.fm]
url = http://turtle.libre.fm/
username = me
password = password
journal = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/librefm.journal

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#5 2010-12-27 08:48:00

panthe0n
Member
From: Noo Zulund
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 33

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

jasonwryan wrote:

This works for me: give it a go

log = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/mpdscribble.log
verbose = 2
musicdir = /mnt/quiver/Music
[last.fm]
url = http://post.audioscrobbler.com/
username = me
password = password
journal = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/lastfm.journal
[libre.fm]
url = http://turtle.libre.fm/
username = me
password = password
journal = /home/jason/.mpdscribble/librefm.journal

How odd. The log file says everything is ok but nothing shows up on my page...


Registered Linux User #523818.

Offline

#6 2010-12-27 08:53:51

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 18,778
Website

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

Last.fm is notoriously crappy (just one of the reasons I scrobble to Libre.fm smile ).

As long as the tunes are being recorded in your journal, they will get logged and scrobbled at some point...


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#7 2010-12-27 09:00:01

panthe0n
Member
From: Noo Zulund
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 33

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

jasonwryan wrote:

Last.fm is notoriously crappy (just one of the reasons I scrobble to Libre.fm smile ).

As long as the tunes are being recorded in your journal, they will get logged and scrobbled at some point...

Success! They have now appeared on my page! Thanks for your help, Jason. You seem to be pretty consistent when I ask for help. smile


Registered Linux User #523818.

Offline

#8 2010-12-27 09:12:29

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 18,778
Website

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

No problem: gotta look after the locals...

Incidentally, if the wiki page could use some clarification based on your experience, please add/subtract whatever will help the next person. And could you prepend Solved to the thread title?


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#9 2010-12-27 09:15:10

panthe0n
Member
From: Noo Zulund
Registered: 2010-09-27
Posts: 33

Re: mpdscribbler not working [SOLVED]

jasonwryan wrote:

No problem: gotta look after the locals...

Incidentally, if the wiki page could use some clarification based on your experience, please add/subtract whatever will help the next person. And could you prepend Solved to the thread title?

Will do. Funny thing is, the only thing that changed for it to work was the layout of the conf file...that and the absense of the sleep line.

Also, added "[SOLVED]" to the thread title.


Registered Linux User #523818.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB