You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-05 07:40:19

cookiecaper

ath9k disconnects frequently when transferring large files

I sometimes transfer large files from my desktop to my laptop via LAN. The laptop disconnects frequently in the course of these transfers -- about once every two minutes or so (at transfer speeds of around 1.5MB/s) -- and stays disconnected until manually reconnected. I work around this by running a Python script to kill wpa_supplicant every two minutes or so, which forces a disconnect and reconnect from NetworkManager, but it's a pretty annoying bug.

IIRC, this started happeningly only recently, with the introduction of either 2.6.36 or 2.6.35. Has anyone had a similar experience or know of a remedy? If not, I will open a bug on the kernel tracker.

#2 2011-01-05 07:53:53

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: ath9k disconnects frequently when transferring large files

If you think this popped up with more recent kernels, you might want to try compat-wireless (check the AUR) and use that. You can pick from stable releases to bleeding edge, and there's plenty of versions to choose from. You can build against your existing kernel, no need to mess around.

I know e.g. OpenWrt development has been seeing a lot of ath9k patches lately (and I mean tons of them, litterally - I never believed there could be that many instabillity problems with a driver :-/ ).

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer