You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-09 19:35:37

Tux the penguin

Help Setting up GTK theme in LXDE

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm having trouble getting the Legacy gtk theme here (based on Tron Legacy): http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ … ent=136291 to work right. I have no trouble installing/using most themes but this one, im having trouble with the transparency. The widget factory thing is transparent, but not on my computer. Transparency is only working in RoxTerm. I have gtk-engine-murrine installed and librgba-gtk-module installed from AUR. I saw somewhere to install gnome-color-chooser and enable the murrine engine and both rgba checkboxes. I did that but the full transparency isnt working correctly. Maybe i'm missing something simple. This isnt that important but still, please help. Thanks

Last edited by Tux the penguin (2011-01-10 02:50:02)

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
MSI CR600 / 3GB Memory / 320GB HDD / Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz | Archlinux x86_64

#2 2011-01-10 02:49:16

Tux the penguin

Re: Help Setting up GTK theme in LXDE

I should add that it doesnt work in xfce either. Xfce has transparent panel and menus, but I might have set that with xfwm4's compositor. I am primarily concerned with Lxde, though. I think the only reason roxterm transparency is working is because I have it set to have a translucent background and use compiz. I dont know whether it works in gnome or not. I would ask on gnome-look, but i dont want to make an account just for that. Has anybody successfully installed this or has the same problem? Could it be the compositor conflicting with the murrine engine? thanks.

Last edited by Tux the penguin (2011-01-10 02:51:45)

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
MSI CR600 / 3GB Memory / 320GB HDD / Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz | Archlinux x86_64

Board footer